Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Village

Brickshelf user legoutrgnc has uploaded pictures of a great scene simply titled "Village."
The thing I love most about this MOC is its randomness.  In a medium made up mostly of square elements, it's often difficult to create landscapes that realistically mimic natural features.  Legoutrgnc has done a very good job, in my opinion, of making an organic looking landscape as a backdrop for his village scene.  The buildings, too, have a nice sense of non-uniformity, due to skilful use of mottling, and color variations from one building to the next.  On detail I particularly like is this slanted doorway and little tower/pergola thing.
Note the great use of dark bluish-gray cheese slopes on either side of the door.  I'm still trying to figure ouy how he made all of this work!  This is definitely one of those MOCs which inspires me to get better at my own building.  You can find more pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment